Here are directions to our apiaries at Swanmore and West End. For members who have not visited these locations before, there’ll always be a contact telephone number in case you get lost! On this page, you’ll find all sorts of innovative ways to get you there or you could just look on a map!
Our Swanmore apiary is kindly hosted by the Hammond family. Their postal address for satellite navigation is the Old Dairy House, Mayhill Road, Swanmore, Hampshire, SO32 2QW.
Drive to Swanmore village centre and turn down Vicarage Lane following the signs to the Tennis Club which is at the end of Mayhill Lane. Pass the Tennis Club (on the left) and continue along Mayhill Lane for 1/2 km. The apiary is on the left.
What3words location: Deploying.Songbook.Hilltop
Map reference: 50.94’95’56’1”N 1.16’74’12’0W
Google drop pin link: https://goo.gl/maps/c1krxEZ8KbnScQQy8
The West End apiary address:
West End Allotments
Directions out of West End on Moorgreen Road past the Southampton Arms Pub, 300m on the right is a bus stop and entrance to allotments adjacent. Enter allotments gate and pass through next gate, follow track to the end. Apiary in field at end of track.
Map reference: 50.93’35’41”N -1.3172112W
Google drop pin link: https://goo.gl/maps/RZ3uTrHVGdKhPp5B7
- The association apiaries are coordinated by Apiary Managers and are managed by volunteer members.
- Any member wishing to use one of the apiaries must first seek permission from the Apiary Manager.
- A maximum of two hives per member will be authorised.
- Members are only permitted to inspect their own colonies without specific permission unless in an emergency.
- Any problems must be reported to the apiary manager.
- Hives are to be marked with the member’s name.
- The site must be kept clean. Wax and brace comb to be removed. All rubbish to be taken away.
- Please have utmost consideration for our host and their neighbours, particularly around parking and noise.